Bavarian Nordic A/S – Report on the Results of the Annual General Meeting, held 24 April 2014
KVISTGÅRD, Denmark - April 24, 2014 – Bavarian Nordic A/S (OMX: BAVA, OTC: BVNRY) today held the Annual General Meeting with the results as follows:
- The Annual Report for 2013 was adopted. The Board of Directors’ proposal to transfer the Company’s result to next year was also adopted.
- The General Meeting adopted a resolution to discharge the Board of Directors and the Board of Management from their obligations.
- Gerard van Odijk, Claus Bræstrup, Anders Gersel Pedersen, Erik G. Hansen and Peter Kürstein were re-elected to the Board of Directors. The Chairman of the Board, Asger J. Aamund has chosen not to be nominated for re-election. The Board of Directors constituted itself with Gerard van Odijk as Chairman.
- Deloitte Statsautoriseret Revisionspartnerselskab was re-elected as auditors.
- The proposal to extend the Board of Directors authorization to increase the share capital of the Company until 30 June 2015 was adopted.
- The proposal to increase and extend the Board of Directors authorization for issuing Warrants was adopted.
- The suggested remuneration of the Board of Directors for the current financial year was approved.
- The Board of Directors was authorized to let the Company purchase its own shares.
- The proposal to change the Company's corporate language to English was approved.
- The proposal that future general meetings may be held in either Danish or English as resolved by the Board of Directors, and that documents prepared for use by general meetings may also be prepared in Danish or English as resolved by the Board of Directors was approved.
- The proposal that the Company's annual reports and interim financial reports going forward are only prepared in English was approved.
- The proposal to adopt new general guidelines for incentive remuneration of the board and management in Bavarian Nordic A/S was approved.
Anders Hedegaard, President & CEO.
Rolf Sass Sørensen, Vice President Investor Relations (EU). Phone +45 61 77 47 43
Seth Lewis, Vice President Investor Relations (US). Phone + 1 978-298-5654
About Bavarian Nordic
Bavarian Nordic is an international biotechnology company developing and manufacturing novel cancer immunotherapies and vaccines for infectious diseases. Lead product candidates are PROSTVAC®, an immunotherapy product candidate for advanced prostate cancer that is the subject of an ongoing pivotal Phase 3 clinical trial and IMVAMUNE®, a non-replicating smallpox vaccine candidate in Phase 3 development, which is being developed and supplied for emergency use to the U.S. Strategic National Stockpile under a contract with the U.S. Government. The vaccine is approved in Canada under the trade name IMVAMUNE and in the European Union under the trade name IMVANEX®.
Bavarian Nordic's shares are listed on NASDAQ OMX Copenhagen under the symbol BAVA (Reuters: BAVA.CO, Bloomberg: BAVA.DC). The company has a sponsored Level 1 ADR program listed in the US (OTC) under the symbol BVNRY.
For more information, visit www.bavarian-nordic.com.
This announcement includes forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and other factors, many of which are outside of our control that could cause actual results to differ materially from the results discussed in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements include statements concerning our plans, objectives, goals, future events, performance and/or other information that is not historical information. We undertake no obligation to publicly update or revise forward-looking statements to reflect subsequent events or circumstances after the date made, except as required by law.
Company Announcement no. 6 / 2014