Bavarian Nordic A/S – Report on the Results of the Annual General Meeting, held April 24, 2019
COPENHAGEN, Denmark, April 24, 2019 – Bavarian Nordic A/S (OMX: BAVA, OTC: BVNRY) today held the Annual General Meeting with the results as follows:
- The Annual Report for 2018 was adopted. The Board of Directors’ proposal to transfer the Company’s result to next year was also adopted.
- The General Meeting adopted a resolution to discharge the Board of Directors and the Board of Management from their obligations.
- The proposal to increase and extend the Board of Directors' authorization to increase the share capital of the Company was adopted.
- The proposal to increase and extend the Board of Directors' authorization for issuing warrants was adopted.
- The proposed revised Remuneration Policy including the general guidelines for incentive remuneration of the Board of Directors and the Executive Management was approved.
- The proposed remuneration of the Board of Directors and the Board Committees for the current financial year was approved.
- The proposal to authorize the Board of Directors on behalf of the Company to repurchase own shares in the Company was adopted.
- The proposal to align the Danish terminology of the Company's Articles of Association so that the word "ejerbog" (in English "register of shareholders") is used instead of the word "aktiebog" was adopted.
- The proposal to amend the Company’s Articles of Association, so that the obligation to convene General Meetings by publication in the IT information system of the Danish Business Authority is omitted, was adopted.
- Gerard van Odijk, Anders Gersel Pedersen, Erik G. Hansen, Peter Kürstein, Frank Verwiel and Elizabeth McKee Anderson were re-elected to the Board of Directors. Furthermore, Anne Louise Eberhard was elected to the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors constituted itself with Gerard van Odijk as Chairman and Anders Gersel Pedersen as Deputy Chairman.
- Deloitte Statsautoriseret Revisionspartnerselskab was re-elected as auditors.
About Bavarian Nordic
Bavarian Nordic is a fully integrated biotechnology company focused on the development of innovative and safer therapies against cancer and infectious diseases. Using our live virus vaccine platform technology, MVA-BN®, we have created a diverse portfolio of proprietary and partnered product candidates intended to improve the health and quality of life for children and adults. We supply our MVA-BN non-replicating smallpox vaccine to the U.S. Strategic National Stockpile and other government stockpiles. The vaccine is approved in the European Union and in Canada (under the trade names IMVANEX® and IMVAMUNE® respectively). In addition to our long-standing collaboration with the U.S. government on the development of medical countermeasures, our infectious disease pipeline comprises a proprietary RSV program as well as vaccine candidates for Ebola, HPV, HBV and HIV, which are developed through a strategic partnership with Janssen. Additionally, in collaboration with the National Cancer Institute, we have developed a portfolio of active cancer immunotherapies, designed to alter the disease course by eliciting a robust and broad anti-cancer immune response while maintaining a favorable risk-benefit profile. Through multiple industry collaborations, we seek to explore the potential synergies of combining our immunotherapies with other immune-modulating agents, e.g. checkpoint inhibitors. For more information visit www.bavarian-nordic.com or follow us on Twitter @bavariannordic.
Rolf Sass Sørensen
Vice President Investor Relations
Tel: +45 61 77 47 43
Company Announcement no. 07 / 2019